Head of Supply Chain
- Supply & Distribution Department
- Band 8C
- Full time: 37.5 hours per week
- London Ambulance Service NHS Trust, 220 Waterloo Road, London, SE1 8SD
- £70,641 - £80,554 PA inclusive of HCAS
- 02/03/2021 23:59
London Ambulance Service covers an area of 620 sq. miles, serves one of the world’s most dynamic and diverse cities and is the busiest ambulance service in the UK. We handle over 1.9 million emergency calls from across the capital and attend more than 1.2 million incidents every single year as well as delivering a 24 hour NHS 111 Integrated Urgent Care Service in South East and North East London that we estimate will respond to around 1.4million urgent care calls by the end of the year.
We employ over 8,000 people who work or volunteer across London to respond to the health needs of over eight million people who live, work and travel in the capital. We work closely with our NHS partners and are commissioned by 32 clinical commissioning groups spread across 5 sustainability and transformation partnerships (STPs) and NHS England for our specialist services. We work alongside London’s hospital, mental health and specialist trusts, as well as the five STPs across Greater London.
In addition we work in partnership with the other emergency services, London’s Air Ambulance and London’s Resilience Forums to make sure we are ready and prepared to respond to major incidents and ensure we keep Londoners safe. As the only pan-London NHS provider we have a unique opportunity to play a leading role in integrating access to emergency and urgent care right across London.
By 2023 we will improve outcomes and experiences for all our patients by providing the right care to patients at the right time, and in the most cost effective way. This will mean up to 122,000 fewer patients being taken to emergency departments when their needs could be better met in a different way, and we will deliver significant efficiencies in avoided costs to the urgent and emergency care sector.
Head of Supply Chain
You are joining at an exciting time for the Strategic Assets & Property Directorate as there are several transformation programmes delivering new benefits to LAS and our patients. This is a great opportunity to shape the future of our service. The directorate consists of Estates, Fleet and Logistics departments. As the Head of Supply Chain you are responsible and accountable for leading and managing the Trust’s Supply & Distribution function, ensuring it supports the Trust to deliver a world class service to patients.
We are looking for a leader who is able to lead a department through a substantial amount of change. Including (but not limited to) the relocation of the Logistics Support Unit from Deptford to Rainham, new asset tracking and reporting systems.
This role is based at Waterloo HQ (we are currently operating remote working), with the expectation to travel to the new warehouse at Segro Park, Rainham, RM13 8HY (together with other LAS premises) from June 2021.
Some of the key responsibilities include:
• With the responsibility for the whole supply & distribution operation including supply and distribution; the post holder will help shape strategic direction; execute improvements and developments and be accountable for the performance, financial and quality standards for the supply & distribution department.
• As a the strategic leader within for the department it will be the post holder’s responsibility to ensure the direction and delivery of the department’s key performance indicators; supporting a world-class supply chain process, providing clinical responders with the correct equipment and provisions required to deliver the best possible patient care.
• As high profile role, and reporting directly to the Director of Strategic Assets & Property, the post holder will be seen as the point of senior expertise on the operation of Supply and Distribution by Senior Managers and staff within the Trust and also by external stakeholders at all levels.
Applicants are advised to read all the information enclosed in the advert and the supporting information before completing and submitting an application. As you complete your application, please ensure you clearly demonstrate how you meet the criteria in the person specification for this post by adequately completing the supporting information section of the application form.
We reserve the right to close the application window early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.
‘Priority consideration for this post will be given to ‘at risk’ candidates’
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Vanessa Hewitt
- Job title
- Business Manager
- Email address