Digital Support Co-ordinator
- Digital Support Co-ordinator
- Band 5
- Full time - 37.5 hours per week
- Dockside and Brentford
- Dockside and Brentford
- £28,691 - £35,207 per annum inclusive of HCAS
- Today at 23:59
London Ambulance Service covers an area of 620 sq. miles, serves one of the world’s most dynamic and diverse cities and is the busiest ambulance service in the UK. We handle over 1.9 million emergency calls from across the capital and attend more than 1.2 million incidents every single year as well as delivering a 24 hour NHS 111 Integrated Urgent Care Service in South East and North East London that we estimate will respond to around 1.4million urgent care calls by the end of the year.
We employ over 8,000 people who work or volunteer across London to respond to the health needs of over eight million people who live, work and travel in the capital. We work closely with our NHS partners and are commissioned by 32 clinical commissioning groups spread across 5 sustainability and transformation partnerships (STPs) and NHS England for our specialist services. We work alongside London’s hospital, mental health and specialist trusts, as well as the five STPs across Greater London.
In addition we work in partnership with the other emergency services, London’s Air Ambulance and London’s Resilience Forums to make sure we are ready and prepared to respond to major incidents and ensure we keep Londoners safe. As the only pan-London NHS provider we have a unique opportunity to play a leading role in integrating access to emergency and urgent care right across London.
By 2023 we will improve outcomes and experiences for all our patients by providing the right care to patients at the right time, and in the most cost effective way. This will mean up to 122,000 fewer patients being taken to emergency departments when their needs could be better met in a different way, and we will deliver significant efficiencies in avoided costs to the urgent and emergency care sector.
Ensure the delivery of high quality technical educational support and training within the clinical education centres.
Provide technical support and advice in relation to all aspects of virtual education delivery and simulation education and training.
Support the coordination of assessment, planning and delivery of education programs, through preparation, maintenance and repair of computerised manikins (software and hardware), task trainers and related multimedia for the technical and teaching support.
Main duties of the job
Ensure the day-to-day delivery of virtual teaching and simulation within the centres, through first-line technical support for multimedia systems and components.
In liaison with key stakeholders, ensure the accuracy, validity and security of all staff records (audio-visual), including all information related to assessment, education and training programmes.
Develop a sound working knowledge of the advanced patient simulators and multimedia audio/visual technology and systems.
Troubleshooting, preventive maintenance and repair of high fidelity patient simulators, task trainers and supportive equipment.
Provide local education and training in the use of digital and simulation equipment to support learning delivery, to tutors and managers, as well as to learners on education programs.
Analyse possible new equipment, props and procedures, reporting outcomes to senior managers as to the suitably of adopting such elements.
Working for our organisation
As one of the largest ambulance services in the world, the London Ambulance Service relies upon excellent clinical education and practice.
The Clinical Education and Standards department is a diverse team, responsible for all clinical education programs in the Service. Our team is committed to educational excellence, and we strive for developing, delivering, recording and reporting the very best to ensure our staff provide the best patient care.
As part of our team, you will be encouraged to innovate and advance clinical education. You will be supported to maintain your own expertise, and will have access to high quality personal development.
Our new centres will provide state-of-the-art digital learning access, supporting our move towards a more blended learning approach. Our portfolio of education programs will ensure a variety of work that both challenges and excites, and we are seeking someone ready to support change in clinical education.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
- To provide specialist technical support within the education centres, supporting ongoing planning and delivery as well as day-to-day set-up, maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Program, test and run clinical scenarios with education facilitators and subject matters experts incorporating a range of digital mediums.
- Assist and support the provision of new course material and maintaining current material, providing technical expertise for software and digital options for simulation, virtual teaching and
online course production.
- Contribute to a robust process for recording and storing clinical assessments.
Applicants are advised to read all the information enclosed in the advert and the supporting information before completing and submitting an application. As you complete your application please ensure you clearly demonstrate how you meet the criteria in the person specification for this post by adequately completing the supporting information section of the application form.
Priority will be given to staff at risk candidates.
We reserve the right to close the application window early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.
Please note the salary advertised is inclusive of HCAs
Qualifications, Accreditations, Education
- Formal qualification to degree level (or equivalent qualification/experience) in an Audio/Visual Technology / Interactive Media Studies / Computer Science discipline
- ITIL Qualified
- Evidence of substantial formal/informal CPD in the area of technology enhanced learning
- Experience in Simulation in the HealthCare setting or a Multiprofessional Simulation centre/environment
- Substantial broad range of MS software applications including MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet and database use
- Extensive expertise in Audio-Visual applications and/or software for training and education use
- In-depth knowledge and experience in assessing, identifying, troubleshooting and fixing equipment and software failures in a timely fashion
- Experience of curriculum design and development, and delivery relating to eLearning
- Experience of working in a multi-site, multi- agency and multiple stakeholder environment
- Significant use of e-Learning authoring software and associated tools (e.g. Adapt, Captivate)
- Supporting delivery of virtual communication such as online meetings, webinars or classroom teaching
- Supporting the delivery of medical simulation scenarios, with working knowledge of clinical simulation hardware equipment and software applications
Knowledge and Skills
- Proven expertise in communicating and expressing technical information clearly and simply to non-technical individuals
- Demonstrable ability to learn new software and hardware (networks) quickly and independently and then apply this knowledge or educate and pass on to other individuals
- Demonstrated ability to install, operate, maintain, and troubleshoot simulation IT/AV equipment and software used in the clinical education environment
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to maintain clear focus under pressure – especially in clinical Simulation environments and in the clinical setting
- Demonstrate the ability to implement policy and procedure in an education setting, responding and reacting to change in a positive manner
- High level communication skills with the ability to use a variety of mediums
- Exceptional demonstrable skills in supporting engaging digital learning initiatives that meet the defined objectives, within the constraints of the project and resources available
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively across departmental and professional boundaries
- Adaptable and the ability to work flexibly dependent on circumstances and the requirements of the role/task
- Ability to work under own initiative, able to identify, plan and prioritise own work load
- Ability to work effectively with varying work strands whilst maintaining attention to detail and progress
- Sensitivity to the needs of others with the ability to work well across all groups
- Broad range of MS software applications including MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Teams, Internet and database use
- Demonstrable knowledge of developing programs within an education governance framework
- Ability to work remotely
- Good decision making skills with the ability to make long term plans and strategies as well as effective short term, reactive decisions
- Sound knowledge of technology and new approaches to the delivery of blended learning
- Good overall knowledge of social media and its impact on the use of blended learning
- Experience of working with digital technologies including mobile/electronic learning apps, ESR/OLM
- To promote and demonstrate commitment to the Trust’s goal, values and Behaviours
- Demonstrable commitment to both professional and personal quality and standards
- Creative, innovative and inspiring, with a genuine passion for learning
- Customer and solutions focused
- Positive approach to change
- Innovative and constantly seeking new ways of working and achieving objectives
- Self-motivated and manages time effectively, being able to identify, plan and prioritise own work
- Demonstrable ability to work in a challenging environment through collaborative/team working.
- Team player contributing to all aspects of service delivery
- Sensitivity to the needs of others with the ability to work well across all groups
- Understanding of and demonstrable commitment to equal opportunities as an employee and as a provider of service to the public
- Demonstrable commitment to Health & Safety, Information Governance and Data Protection
- Physically fit and able to move and safely handle equipment
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the United Kingdom (UK) are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. Please note that from January 2021, to work in the UK all candidates who are not UK or Republic of Ireland (RoI) nationals require sponsorship unless you have permission to work via another route. Non UK / RoI candidates wishing to apply can self-assess the likelihood of obtaining a Certificate of Sponsorship here. It is vital that you provide full and accurate details of your current immigration status on the application form. Overseas applicants applying for entry clearance into the UK must present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided in continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Guidance can be found here. Not everyone needs a ‘Skilled Worker’ visa. If you are applying for a vacancy in health or adult social care, check if you’re eligible to apply for the Health and Care Worker visa instead. It’s cheaper to apply for and you do not need to pay the annual immigration health surcharge
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Gary Ralph
- Job title
- Education Manager
- Email address