Media & Digital Learning Developer
- Media and Digital Learning Developer
- Band 5
- Full time - 37.5 hours per week
- Dockside and Brentford
- Dockside and Brentford
- £28,691 - £35,207 per annum inclusive of HCAS
- Today at 23:59
London Ambulance Service covers an area of 620 sq. miles, serves one of the world’s most dynamic and diverse cities and is the busiest ambulance service in the UK. We handle over 1.9 million emergency calls from across the capital and attend more than 1.2 million incidents every single year as well as delivering a 24 hour NHS 111 Integrated Urgent Care Service in South East and North East London that we estimate will respond to around 1.4million urgent care calls by the end of the year.
We employ over 8,000 people who work or volunteer across London to respond to the health needs of over eight million people who live, work and travel in the capital. We work closely with our NHS partners and are commissioned by 32 clinical commissioning groups spread across 5 sustainability and transformation partnerships (STPs) and NHS England for our specialist services. We work alongside London’s hospital, mental health and specialist trusts, as well as the five STPs across Greater London.
In addition we work in partnership with the other emergency services, London’s Air Ambulance and London’s Resilience Forums to make sure we are ready and prepared to respond to major incidents and ensure we keep Londoners safe. As the only pan-London NHS provider we have a unique opportunity to play a leading role in integrating access to emergency and urgent care right across London.
By 2023 we will improve outcomes and experiences for all our patients by providing the right care to patients at the right time, and in the most cost effective way. This will mean up to 122,000 fewer patients being taken to emergency departments when their needs could be better met in a different way, and we will deliver significant efficiencies in avoided costs to the urgent and emergency care sector.
The Media and Digital Learning Developer will support the design, development, implementation and evaluation of online/mobile clinical education programmes as part of the Clinical Education and Standards (CES) department’s blended learning approach.
With support from Clinical Education Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) the post holder will be responsible for managing a portfolio of digital learning projects, ensuring clinical education needs are met.
Under the direction of the Curriculum Developer, the post holder will support the development and implementation of the digital learning framework and communications strategy for Clinical Education and Standards.
Main duties of the job
Take a lead role in the ongoing development of the department’s Totara based digital learning platform (AtLAS).
Create education programme content requiring clear focus for extended periods of time.
In liaison with key stakeholders, expert opinion and current research, support the delivery and utilisation of virtual learning as a part of the blended learning strategy.
Ensure all developments conform to the required standards, methodologies and processes.
Analyse possible new software, apps and procedures, reporting outcomes to senior managers as to the suitability of adopting such elements.
Working for our organisation
As one of the largest ambulance services in the world, the London Ambulance Service relies upon excellent clinical education and practice.
The Clinical Education and Standards department is a diverse team, responsible for all clinical education programs in the Service. Our team is committed to educational excellence, and we strive for developing, delivering, recording and reporting the very best to ensure our staff provide the best patient care.
As part of our team, you will be encouraged to innovate and advance clinical education. You will be supported to maintain your own expertise, and will have access to high quality personal development.
Our new centres will provide state-of-the-art digital learning access, supporting our move towards a more blended learning approach. Our portfolio of education programs will ensure a variety of work that both challenges and excites, and we are seeking someone ready to support change in clinical education.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
- Identify and discuss potential enhancements to the e-Learning host platform to improve effectiveness and user satisfaction.
- Support SMEs to develop new courses and design new interactive elements for an evergrowing catalogue of clinical education programs.
- Support the department to explore and utilise augmented/virtual reality and gaming options within the clinical learning environment.
- Collaborate on the development of the Trust’s Technology Enhanced Learning Strategy that will be integrated with the wider Education strategy for both the clinical and non-clinical workforce of the LAS.
- Responsible for the planning of the short to medium-term eLearning and mLearning clinical education plan, integrating with the face-to-face requirements, and providing flexibility to meet the Trust’s resourcing and operational requirements to meet performance.
- Develop, implement and maintain the communications strategy for the department, including the internal Pulse webpage and external LAS website.
- Support the strategic transition to intranet and web -hosted systems and processes.
Applicants are advised to read all the information enclosed in the advert and the supporting information before completing and submitting an application. As you complete your application please ensure you clearly demonstrate how you meet the criteria in the person specification for this post by adequately completing the supporting information section of the application form.
Priority will be given to staff at risk candidates.
We reserve the right to close the application window early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.
Qualifications, Accreditations, Education
- Formal qualifications to degree level in an IT related field (or equivalent experience)and an appropriate Microsoft Accredited Qualification
- ITIL Qualified
- Evidence of substantial formal/informal CPD in the area of technology enhanced learning
- Clinical qualification
- Diploma/Foundation degree in an Audio/Visual Technology /Interactive Media Studies/ Computer Science discipline
- Substantial experience of developing e-Learning and m-learning packages for use across multiple device types, and experience with IoS, Android and PC environments
- Significant expertise in digital learning authoring software, applications and associated tools (e.g. Adapt, Captivate)
- Experience and extensive knowledge of operating e-Learning hosted site Totara, or similar applications
- In-depth knowledge and experience in assessing, identifying, troubleshooting and fixing equipment and software failures in a timely fashion
- In-depth knowledge and expertise in LMS systems and their functionality, particularly around eLearning / mLearning and App integration
- Specific experience of Adapt, Adobe Suite, Captivate & ESR/OLM
- Experience of curriculum design and development, and delivery relating to eLearning
- Experience in electronic communications packages (webpage and intranet page development) and large communications campaigns
- Experience of working in a multi-site, multi- agency and multiple stakeholder environment
- Working in Ambulance Services, Emergency Services
- Experience in Simulation in the HealthCare setting or a Multiprofessional Simulation centre/environment
Knowledge ad Skills
- Demonstrable ability to engage and empower staff through use of eLearning/mLearning delivery and support
- Exceptional demonstrable skills in creating engaging electronic and mobile learning modules that meet the defined objectives, within the constraints of the project and resources available
- Proven expertise in communicating and expressing technical information clearly and simply to non-technical individuals
- Demonstrable ability to learn new software and hardware (networks) quickly and independently and then apply this knowledge or educate and pass on to other individuals
- Demonstrable networking skills, and the ability to identify and engage key service stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively across departmental and professional boundaries
- Adaptable and the ability to work flexibly dependent on circumstances and the requirements of the role/task
- Ability to work under own initiative, able to identify, plan and prioritise own work load
- Ability to work effectively with varying work strands whilst maintaining attention to detail and progress
- Sensitivity to the needs of others with the ability to work well across all groups
- Broad range of MS software applications including MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Teams, Internet and database use
- Demonstrable knowledge of developing programs within an education governance framework
- Innovative and constantly seeking new ways of creating and presenting materials
- Ability to work with information, analyse data and present results/summaries based on evaluation
- Ability to manage outcomes to deliver to deadlines without compromising performance
- Ability to implement strategic plans to support overall strategies and department-wide service delivery of clinical education
- Ability to work remotely
- Good decision making skills with the ability to make long term plans and strategies as well as effective short term, reactive decisions
- Sound knowledge of technology and new approaches to the delivery of blended learning
- Good overall knowledge of social media and its impact on the use of blended learning
- Experience of working with digital technologies including mobile/electronic learning apps, ESR/OLM, GRS, ePCR, CMC, MiDOS, MPDS, Adastra
- To promote and demonstrate commitment to the Trust’s goal, values and Behaviors
- Demonstrable commitment to both professional and personal quality and standards
- Creative, innovative and inspiring, with a genuine passion for learning
- Customer and solutions focused
- Positive approach to change
- Innovative and constantly seeking new ways of working and achieving objectives
- Self-motivated and manages time effectively, being able to identify, plan and prioritise own work
- Demonstrable ability to work in a challenging environment through collaborative/team working.
- Team player contributing to all aspects of service delivery
- Sensitivity to the needs of others with the ability to work well across all groups
- Understanding of and demonstrable commitment to equal opportunities as an employee and as a provider of service to the public.
- emonstrable commitment to Health & Safety, Information Governance and Data Protection
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the United Kingdom (UK) are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. Please note that from January 2021, to work in the UK all candidates who are not UK or Republic of Ireland (RoI) nationals require sponsorship unless you have permission to work via another route. Non UK / RoI candidates wishing to apply can self-assess the likelihood of obtaining a Certificate of Sponsorship here. It is vital that you provide full and accurate details of your current immigration status on the application form. Overseas applicants applying for entry clearance into the UK must present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided in continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Guidance can be found here. Not everyone needs a ‘Skilled Worker’ visa. If you are applying for a vacancy in health or adult social care, check if you’re eligible to apply for the Health and Care Worker visa instead. It’s cheaper to apply for and you do not need to pay the annual immigration health surcharge
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Gary Ralph
- Job title
- Education Manager
- Email address