- Band 3
- Full time - 37.5 hours per week
- Trust HQ
- £27,948 - £29,468 per annum inclusive of HCAS
- 09/06/2023 23:59
London Ambulance Service covers an area of 620 sq. miles, serves one of the world’s most dynamic and diverse cities and is the busiest ambulance service in the UK. We handle over 1.9 million emergency calls from across the capital and attend more than 1.2 million incidents every single year as well as delivering a 24 hour NHS 111 Integrated Urgent Care Service in South East and North East London that we estimate will respond to around 1.4million urgent care calls by the end of the year.
We employ over 9,000 people who work or volunteer across London to respond to the health needs of over eight million people who live, work and travel in the capital. We work closely with our NHS partners and are commissioned by 32 clinical commissioning groups spread across 5 sustainability and transformation partnerships (STPs) and NHS England for our specialist services. We work alongside London’s hospital, mental health and specialist trusts, as well as the five STPs across Greater London.
In addition we work in partnership with the other emergency services, London’s Air Ambulance and London’s Resilience Forums to make sure we are ready and prepared to respond to major incidents and ensure we keep Londoners safe. As the only pan-London NHS provider we have a unique opportunity to play a leading role in integrating access to emergency and urgent care right across London.
By 2023 we will improve outcomes and experiences for all our patients by providing the right care to patients at the right time, and in the most cost effective way. This will mean up to 122,000 fewer patients being taken to emergency departments when their needs could be better met in a different way, and we will deliver significant efficiencies in avoided costs to the urgent and emergency care sector.
• Working as part of a team in our fast paced and newly formed ‘HR Hub’ team, you will provide a professional, high quality HR service to members of staff and managers
• To provide administration support for all HR transactional activities for all staff across all regions in accordance with internal policies and procedures
• Support all regional HR teams with ad hoc HR administration
• Adding value to the HR service by providing timely and efficient responses, within agreed service level agreements (SLA’s) and key performance indicators (KPI’s)
• Maintain all activities in accordance with agreed SLA’s
• To undertake any other duties as may be required commensurate with the level of the post and its responsibilities.
• Assist with drafting and monitoring SLA’s
Main duties of the job
Manage all transactional* requests that are forwarded to the HR Admin Hub email inbox
• Take ownership of requests and respond to requestor directly
• Complete necessary documents/letters in accordance with requests transactional requests or Policy and Procedures
• Draft best practice processes and produce process flows
• Train other members of HR about processes to ensure consistency
• Devise and maintain letter templates in clear written English for managers to use when corresponding with employees in accordance with policy and legal precedent
• Alert Managers, HRM’s or HRA’s of any timescale triggers
• Ensure relevant case management tracking or filing systems are updated with case notes or copies or correspondence
• To act as a point of contact for HR internal enquiries via telephone, and email
• To arrange meetings on behalf of the Human Resources Managers such as exit interviews, maternity meetings and Flexible Rostering etc.
• To co-ordinate, maintain and manage records as directed by the HR Hub Manager
• Undertake document searches on relevant systems to satisfy requests for information, ie SAR, Datix, GDPR etc
• To attend and participate in meetings and produce minutes, as required
• To liaise with payroll and collect staff information relating to mortgage and property rental references and prepare draft responses for employees.
• To act up in the absence of the HR Hub Manager if appropriate.
Working for our organisation
London Ambulance Service serves one of the worlds most dynamic and diverse cities and is the busiest ambulance service in the UK. We handle over 1.9 million emergency calls from across the capital every year as well as delivering a 24 hour NHS 111 Integrated Urgent Care Service in South East and North East London that we estimate will respond to around 1.4million urgent care calls by the end of the year.
We employ over 9,000 people who work or volunteer, across London to respond to the health needs of over 8 million people who live, work and travel in the capital.
We work closely with our NHS partners and are commissioned by 32 clinical commissioning groups spread across 5 STPs and NHS England for our specialist services.
As the only pan-London NHS provider we have a unique opportunity to play a leading role in integrating access to emergency and urgent care right across London.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
Please see attached job description for full details of the role and responsibilities for this role.
- GCSE or equivalent level of qualification in English and Maths
- Previous experience of working in an Administration role, preferably a Human Resources Department
- Experience of using Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel, Outlook and inputting and processing information
- Previous experience of working in a unionised environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organisational abilities
- Basic knowledge of HR best practice
- Basic knowledge of employment law
- Understanding of current NHS issues and developments
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Samantha Binns
- Job title
- Business Support Manager
- Email address
List all jobs in Administrative Services or all sectors