IM&T End User Computing Technical Specialist – MDM
- End User Computing Advanced Technical Specialist
- Band 7
- Full time - 37.5 hours per week
- IM&T End User Computing
- £47,154 - £52,936 Per annum Inclusive of HCAS
- 26/06/2022 23:59
London Ambulance Service covers an area of 620 sq. miles, serves one of the world’s most dynamic and diverse cities and is the busiest ambulance service in the UK. We handle over 1.9 million emergency calls from across the capital and attend more than 1.2 million incidents every single year as well as delivering a 24 hour NHS 111 Integrated Urgent Care Service in South East and North East London that we estimate will respond to around 1.4million urgent care calls by the end of the year.
We employ over 8,000 people who work or volunteer across London to respond to the health needs of over eight million people who live, work and travel in the capital. We work closely with our NHS partners and are commissioned by 32 clinical commissioning groups spread across 5 sustainability and transformation partnerships (STPs) and NHS England for our specialist services. We work alongside London’s hospital, mental health and specialist trusts, as well as the five STPs across Greater London.
In addition we work in partnership with the other emergency services, London’s Air Ambulance and London’s Resilience Forums to make sure we are ready and prepared to respond to major incidents and ensure we keep Londoners safe. As the only pan-London NHS provider we have a unique opportunity to play a leading role in integrating access to emergency and urgent care right across London.
By 2023 we will improve outcomes and experiences for all our patients by providing the right care to patients at the right time, and in the most cost effective way. This will mean up to 122,000 fewer patients being taken to emergency departments when their needs could be better met in a different way, and we will deliver significant efficiencies in avoided costs to the urgent and emergency care sector.
This is an exciting new opportunity to be part of a growing team in a London-wide Trust. The role combines project and BAU activities so will be a fantastic opportunity to develop your skills and career.
You will be given the opportunity to create innovative technical solutions, interacting across the Trust, whilst working closely with IM&T support teams. You will be responsible for playing a key role in simplifying, standardising and automating our end user mobile device experience. Due to this you will need to be proactive with a ‘can-do’ attitude.
The role entails specialist mobility end user IT support for staff throughout the Trust, acting as an escalation point to assist 1st and 2nd line support staff as well as providing technical steer to the EUC team in the area of mobile device management. You will be managing over 6000 mobile devices and performing the investigation and resolution of complex operational incidents, recurring incidents and problems. Establishing and applying standards for hardware and software. Creating, deploying and maintaining standards, systems and build images.
If you’re looking for a role offering the chance for creativity, innovation, fast paced and you enjoy a challenge, join us and make a difference.
Main duties of the job
- To provide 3rd line support, technical expertise and knowledge within the End User Computing (EUC) Mobile Device Management team to ensure staff throughout the Trust both on-site and remote receive the highest quality experience for their workplace services.
- Act as an escalation point to assist 1st and 2nd line support staff as necessary.
- Perform the investigation and resolution of complex operational incidents, recurring incidents and problems relating to the End User Computing Services.
- Protect LAS mobile device systems and applications against cyber-attacks by remediating Zero day exploits, threats and vulnerabilities immediately and out of hours as required.
- Proactively research and respond to all LAS end user device vulnerabilities in line with IM&T security policies.
- Perform changes as required in alignment with the Change Management Process.
- Perform project work as required acting as subject matter expert for End User Computing.
- Establish and apply standards for hardware and software provisioning.
- Create, deploy and maintain mobile endpoint configurations, build images using industry standard technologies.
Working for our organisation
London Ambulance Service NHS Trust is the busiest ambulance Trust in the UK. We cover an area of 620 sq. miles, serving one of the world’s most dynamic and diverse cities. We handle over 1.9 million emergency calls from across the capital and attend more than 1.2 million incidents every single year as well as delivering a 24 hour NHS 111 Integrated Urgent Care Service.
End User Computing is a pragmatic, tight knit and collaborative team. In line with our strategic goals and fast paced technology, the team has gone through major change and this newly created role will play a key part in delivering IM&T Directorate objectives.
You will, therefore, have the opportunity to join the team at an exciting time of growth and to gain experience of being involved in a varied portfolio. If you’re a passionate Mobile Device Management and End User Computing Specialist who is looking for a new challenge and a team that can provide a high level of mentoring and support, this is the perfect opportunity for you.
- Annual leave starts at 27 days rising to 33 days, plus bank holidays, in line with agenda for change (NHS terms and conditions)
- Access to wellbeing services including occupational health and counselling
- Access to NHS Pension scheme
- Salary sacrifice cycle-to-work scheme
- Interest-free travel season ticket loan
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
Applicants are advised to read all the information enclosed in the advert and the supporting information before completing and submitting an application. As you complete your application please ensure you clearly demonstrate how you meet the criteria in the person specification for this post by adequately completing the supporting information section of the application form.
Priority will be given to staff at risk candidates.
We reserve the right to close the application window early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.
Qualifications, Accreditations, Education
- Degree in IT related subjects or equivalent experience
- GCSE Mathematics and English Language
- Formal Industry certification e.g. Modern Desktop Administrator, Microsoft 365 Administrator, ITIL, or successfully obtained within the first 9 months of employment or demonstrable equivalent experience
- Extensive specialist end user support experience, knowledge and use of Active Directory, Group Policy creation and management in a work / business environment
- Extensive experience and knowledge of Windows operating systems and lifecycle, end user hardware, software and tooling products i.e. SCCM, MDT, Office 365 admin tools. OS build creation and deployment using SCCM Task Sequence and the creation and management of distribution points
- Previous experience within a Service Management work environment
- Extensive 3rd line support and root cause analysis, experience in Windows 10, Intune, SCCM and O365
- Substantial knowledge and understanding of emerging endpoint management solutions such as Windows Autopilot, Microsoft Endpoint Manager and a strong passion for EUC technology and lifecycles in a work / business environment
- Experience in the management and provisioning of Windows devices via modern cloud methods such as Windows Autopilot and Microsoft Endpoint Manager (MEMCM). Experience working with iPads, Tablets, Smartphones, VDI (Windows Virtual Desktop), VPN (Cisco), Wi-Fi, DSL, BYOD
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft tools Office, Visio and Project
- Advanced keyboard skills
- Excellent communicator
- Show Respect and Dignity (how people feel, think and behave in relation to the worth or value of themselves and others)
- Quality of Care (effectiveness of inter-personal care towards colleagues and other teams, always looking to improve)
- Working Together (include and respect others, avoids behaving in a hierarchical manner, my team is LAS not just my immediate work colleagues)
- Efficiency (work efficiently, professionally, using resources wisely, with customer care at the forefront)
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Jahan Ahmed
- Job title
- EUC Services Manager
- Email address