- £31,213 - £41,681 pa inc
- 31/08/2017 23:59
Caring for the Capital.
With 8.5 million people from all nationalities and backgrounds living in 620 square miles and around 5,060 calls a day, almost a quarter of which are immediately life-threatening (Category A), there’s no such thing as a routine job, let alone a ‘normal’ day for the London Ambulance Service.
Factor in the world’s busiest airport on our doorstep, the enormous underground network, the busy tourist sites, and the major public and cultural events we deal with and you’ll quickly see why we place so much emphasis on finding the right people to carry out the vital work that we do. Working in London will give you a level of experience which is second to none with the opportunity to really develop your practice as a paramedic.
We strive to provide our patients with the level of care that distinguishes us as a great service provider. We are now taking fewer patients to hospital by using more alternative care pathways, treating more patients in their home and giving more advice to callers over the phone.
We will be returning to Australia in October 2017. We will be at the Westin in Sydney from Monday 02nd October - Friday 06th October inclusive and in Melbourne (venue to be confirmed) from Monday 09th October - Friday 13th October inclusive. We are looking to recruit newly qualified and experienced paramedics who are able to join us between January and June 2018. If you are interested please apply now.
If you’d like to join us in improving our service in London the key skills and experience required are:
• To be a registered paramedic with the Health Care Professions Council (or be eligible to register) and have successfully completed a HCPC approved paramedic programme.
• Have demonstrable evidence of practice within at least the last 12 months (if in full time education, please provide details of placements)
• Possess a current full manual driving licence, valid in the UK. (On arrival in the UK you will need to be able to convert your license to a UK license and obtain C1 category)
• Have no more than three demerit points or equivalent in your home country and recent & demonstrable driving experience.
Beyond that, a dedicated approach to providing top quality care to others could well see you into one of the most satisfying and highly respected roles in the community.
If successful at interview:
We will need to undertake employment checks as part of our recruitment process, and this will include an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure & Barring Service which LAS will fund.
You will also be required to submit a National Police check from your country of residence.
In return, we can offer you the following benefits:
• Full conversion to London/UK paramedic requirements – this includes a detailed training course
• Assistance with relocation costs (for example flights and cost of transporting personal effects for you)
• Blue light driving training
• Protected training and continued professional development
• A Clinical career path which is well established and expanding
In addition you will receive 27 days annual leave rising to 29 days after 5 years and 33 days after 10 years plus access to childcare vouchers, NHS Pension scheme, cycle scheme and season ticket loan.
Closing date for receipt of completed applications and Clinical Familiarisation Skills Gap analysis checklist is midnight on Thursday 31 August 2017.
Please send your Clinical Familiarisation Skills Gap Analysis Form to email@example.com
For further details please contact:
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
If you have problems applying, contact