- Band 5
- Full time: 37.5 Hours Per Week
- Pan London
- £27,936 - £36,134 pa inc HCAS
- 08/03/2020 23:59
London Ambulance Service covers an area of 620 sq. miles, serves one of the world’s most dynamic and diverse cities and is the busiest ambulance service in the UK. We handle over 1.9 million emergency calls from across the capital and attend more than 1.2 million incidents every single year as well as delivering a 24 hour NHS 111 Integrated Urgent Care Service in South East and North East London that we estimate will respond to around 1.4million urgent care calls by the end of the year.
We employ over 6,000 staff, including volunteers, across London to respond to the health needs of over eight million people who live, work and travel in the capital.
We work closely with our NHS partners and are commissioned by 32 clinical commissioning groups spread across 5 sustainability and transformation partnerships (STPs) and NHS England for our specialist services. We work alongside London’s hospital, mental health and specialist trusts, as well as the five STPs across Greater London.
In addition we work in partnership with the other emergency services, London’s Air Ambulance and London’s Resilience Forums to make sure we are ready and prepared to respond to major incidents and ensure we keep Londoners safe.
As the only pan-London NHS provider we have a unique opportunity to play a leading role in integrating access to emergency and urgent care right across London.
By 2023 we will improve outcomes and experiences for all our patients by providing the right care to patients at the right time, and in the most cost effective way. This will mean up to 122,000 fewer patients being taken to emergency departments when their needs could be better met in a different way, and we will deliver significant efficiencies in avoided costs to the urgent and emergency care sector.
For Applicants from the rest of the World. Australian applicants please refer to 308-Inter-001-AUS
We are one of the busiest and largest ambulance services in the world. Our vehicles are on the road 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, ready to respond to Londoners and visitors alike, whatever their medical emergency. With over 5,000 people (and nearly 3,500 front line clinicians), we aim to be never more than a few streets away when you need us most.
We strive to provide our patients with the level of care that distinguishes us as a great service provider. We are working towards being London’s primary integrator of access to urgent and emergency care ‘on scene’, ‘on phone’ and ‘on line’, taking fewer patients to hospital by using more alternative care pathways, treating more patients in their home and giving more advice to callers over the phone. in London will give you a level of experience which is second to none with the opportunity to really develop your practice as a paramedic.
If you’d like to be part of building a world-class ambulance service for a world-class city, the key skills and experience required are:
- Be a qualified and licensed/registered Primary Care Paramedic or Advanced Care Paramedic, holding either the Diploma or Degree qualification from an approved education provider
- To be eligible to register as a paramedic with the Health Care Professions Council (or already be registered) and have successfully completed a HCPC approved paramedic programme
- Have demonstrable evidence of clinical practice within at least the last 12 months
- Possess a current full manual driving licence. On arrival in the UK you will need to be able to convert your licence to a UK manual licence and obtain C1 entitlement to allow you to drive larger vehicles
- Have no more than three demerit points or equivalent in your home country.
Beyond that, a dedicated approach to providing top quality care to others could well see you into one of the most satisfying and highly respected roles in the world.
In return, we can offer you the following benefits:
- Assistance with relocation costs (for example flights and cost of transporting personal effects for you)
- Full conversion to London/UK paramedic requirements – this includes a comprehensive training course followed by operational mentoring with experienced paramedics
- Protected training and continued professional development along with a clinical career path which is well established and expanding, with experience allowing you to develop into many other roles (subject to visa conditions) such as:
- Placement Centre Mentor
- Advanced Paramedic (Critical or Urgent Care)
- Advanced Practitioner (giving clinical advice over the phone)
- London Air Ambulance (HEMS) Flight Paramedic
- Working with our pioneer services – mental health, maternity, and elderly fallers
- Rotational Paramedic working across all different parts of clinical practice
- A full emergency response ambulance driving course, enabling you to drive ambulance vehicles in London using blue lights and sirens
- 27 days annual leave rising to 29 days after 5 years and 33 days after 10 years
- NHS Pension scheme, cycle scheme and season ticket loan
- Access to wellbeing services should you require them – including counselling and physiotherapy
So if you’re serious about us, then we are serious about you. Apply today for the opportunity to be a part of the LAS family.
Interviews will be conducted via Skype/Facetime.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
No Ordinary Challenge: