- Band 8a
- Full time: 37.5
- Waterloo HQ
- £52,643 - £58,558 per annum Incl HCAS
- 07/06/2020 23:59
London Ambulance Service covers an area of 620 sq. miles, serves one of the world’s most dynamic and diverse cities and is the busiest ambulance service in the UK. We handle over 1.9 million emergency calls from across the capital and attend more than 1.2 million incidents every single year as well as delivering a 24 hour NHS 111 Integrated Urgent Care Service in South East and North East London that we estimate will respond to around 1.4million urgent care calls by the end of the year.
We employ over 6,000 staff, including volunteers, across London to respond to the health needs of over eight million people who live, work and travel in the capital.
We work closely with our NHS partners and are commissioned by 32 clinical commissioning groups spread across 5 sustainability and transformation partnerships (STPs) and NHS England for our specialist services. We work alongside London’s hospital, mental health and specialist trusts, as well as the five STPs across Greater London.
In addition we work in partnership with the other emergency services, London’s Air Ambulance and London’s Resilience Forums to make sure we are ready and prepared to respond to major incidents and ensure we keep Londoners safe.
As the only pan-London NHS provider we have a unique opportunity to play a leading role in integrating access to emergency and urgent care right across London.
By 2023 we will improve outcomes and experiences for all our patients by providing the right care to patients at the right time, and in the most cost effective way. This will mean up to 122,000 fewer patients being taken to emergency departments when their needs could be better met in a different way, and we will deliver significant efficiencies in avoided costs to the urgent and emergency care sector.
Finance Office, Waterloo Road, Waterloo
Band 8a £52,643 - £58,558 per annum Incl HCAS
The Finance Manager is a key member of the finance department who will report into the Finance Business Partner. You will take responsibility for a team of up to five Finance Analysts providing a financial management service, including management accounting information and financial advice, to one of the Directorates in the London Ambulance Service.
Key duties and responsibilities of the Finance Manager will include:
- Preparation of monthly reports for assigned Directorates
- Reporting on Key Financial Indicators
- Planning, development and monitoring of the budgets for assigned Directorates
- Liaising with the relevant Directorates to build an informative and robust forecast
- Regular audit of overtime and other payments made by the Trust
- Provide financial input on project development work and relevant costings for Business cases.
- Lead on the production of workforce plans and reference costs
- Design and present financial management training courses for budget holders
- Develop, maintain and comply with Standing Orders, Standing Financial Instructions, Scheme of Delegation and financial procedures
- Deputise for the Head of Financial Management when required
- Line management and mentoring of a team of up to five Finance Analysts
- Managing all aspects of the Trust’s income including the main SLA, staff recharges and CQUINs if relevant to the assigned Directorates.
- Process improvement within the finance department and the wider Trust
- Working very closely with the Finance Business Partner of the assigned directorates.
Your key areas of influence will be:
- liaising with budget holders
- liaising with senior finance team managers
- provision of financial information
- staff development
Finance Manager Person Specification:
We are looking for candidates with management accounting experience who can also develop an understanding of an organisation and assess the financial implications of business changes and proposals. Your interpersonal skills, innovative approach and ability to lead by example are therefore as important as your management accounting skills.
- qualified CCAB Accountant (or similar technical knowledge gained through equivalent experience)
- experience of working in a management accounting environment (preferably NHS)
- understanding of international financial reporting standards
- excellent software skills in Excel
- experience of staff management and leadership
This is an exciting and challenging position for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, demanding and highly flexible environment. You will be a part of a high profile and influential organisation, making life better for Londoners by helping the Trust to achieve its vision of becoming a world-class ambulance service for a world class city.
Your salary and benefits:
- Band 8a £52,643 - £58,558 (inclusive of HCAS)
- 27 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays (holiday entitlement raises to 33 days with service)
- Excellent training, learning and development opportunities
- Generous pension scheme (including 20.68% employer contribution anda tiered system of employee contribution depending on your salary from 5% to 14.5%).
- A comprehensive staff health and well-being programme
- Health services discounts (retail, holidays, entertainment and restaurants)
- Season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
To be considered for the role you will need to apply before the closing date at midnight on Sunday 7th June. Early applications are strongly encouraged.
If you would like to find out more information before applying please contact Brooke Cooper on 0203 056 1390
PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU CLEARLY EVIDENCE HOW YOU MEET THE PERSON SPECIFICATION FOR THIS ROLE BY ADEQUATELY COMPLETING THE ‘SUPPORTING INFORMATION’ SECTION OF THE APPLICATION FORM.
Please note that we will send all of the correspondence to your email address, with the exception of the DBS application form. Therefore, please keep us updated if this changes and ensure that you check this email address regularly. Please note if you do not have an email address then we will send correspondence by post.
Priority will be given to NHS employees who are at risk of redundancy.
We positively welcome diversity and want to be a truly inclusive place to work. We are looking for self-motivated, enthusiastic people from all backgrounds who care about making a difference.
Propose Interview date: Friday 19th June
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).